2019 Upper Crust “Build Your Own Pizza” Contest
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Hal Smith Restaurants, LLC, is the “Sponsor” of this contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2019 Upper Crust “Build Your Own Pizza” contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, employees and agents of Hal Smith Restaurants, LLC and its respective affiliated companies, agencies, and immediate families (collectively, the “Upper Crust Affiliates”) are not eligible. The Contest is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at midnight Central Time on June 17, 2019 and ends at midnight Central Time on July 15, 2019. To enter, submit the image of the pizza with the hashtag #YearOfUpperCrust and tag and follow @uppercrust_pizza via Instagram or Facebook at Facebook.com/OKCBESTPIZZA, Facebook.com/EDMONDBESTPIZZA or Facebook.com/TULSABESTPIZZA. Anonymous Entries will not be eligible. The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. The entry must not contain or be confusingly similar to any third-party product names, brand names or trademarks. The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. There is no limit on the number of unique Entries you may enter. We are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or invalid Entries. Facebook/Instagram Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the person registered to the Facebook/Instagram account from which entries are received. Once you submit your Entry, you will be officially entered into the Contest. Entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Once submitted, all submitted components become the property of the Sponsor. Automated means of entry and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited and all such entries will be void.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS/PRIZES: One (1) Entry will be chosen by Sponsor as the most appropriate combination of the Build Your Own Pizza menu toppings, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. The winner will win twelve (12) $50 Upper Crust gift cards. The winner will be selected no later than July 15, 2019 and will be contacted by Sponsor through the winner’s social media account. The winner will be required to reply to the message within five (5) days to accept the prize. If the winner is unwilling or unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RESTRICTIONS: The prize is non-transferable. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, associated with the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and its designated charity.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION; NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Sponsor is not responsible in the event that the participant provides any incorrect, expired, or otherwise invalid information. The Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Entries that do not comply with the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By accepting a prize, the winner irrevocably consents to the use of such winner’s name, likeness, image, voice, performance (in connection with interviews and other recordings), biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor or its affiliated parties, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of Sponsor or its affiliated parties in connection with this Contest. The winner further grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish his proper name and state or country of residence online, in print and any other media now known or hereafter devised in connection with this Contest in perpetuity. In the event of noncompliance with any requirements, a winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, he/she is found to be ineligible, he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY: Sponsor and its affiliated entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, incomplete, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Entries will be disqualified. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and that Sponsor and its affiliated entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: operation of the Contest, participation in the Contest; acceptance/possession (including, but not limited to, delays by shipping companies), defects, and/or use/misuse of a prize (including, but not limited to, cancellation/postponement of screening date); discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access Sponsor, its affiliated entities and their respective websites, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of Sponsor or any one of its affiliated entities. Sponsor shall not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages. Each participant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliated entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor or its affiliated entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor and its affiliated entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsor and/or its affiliated entities shall in no event be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the prize suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Irrelevant entries, as deemed irrelevant at the sole discretion of Sponsor, and those using copyrighted content may be removed and disqualified from the Contest.
8. GENERAL INFORMATION: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules.